Sunday, September 1, 2019

There was a nice turnout for coffee and donuts yesterday.  No donuts as Cindy (the owner of the park) baked some coffee cakes and shared them with the attendees.  We sat around and talked until around ten and then got ready for the day.  After doing a couple of chores I read and finally finished the book I was reading,  We ate lunch and went to the clubhouse to play pegs and jokers.  The gals won two out of three games.

By the time we got through with the games it was about happy hour time.  There were around eight of us there and we enjoyed each others company laughing and joking around.

Yesterday was week one of the college pick'em contest.  I'm in the top 92% in one and 93% in the other.  Not bad for having no idea about the teams.  Cindy and Jeff were happy as their Cornhuskers won their opening game.  Today Oklahoma takes on Houston and tomorrow Notre Dame plays Louisville.  It's a good time for me as I am a college football fan.

Games to pick this week are:  Ohio vs. Pitt,  Cincinnati vs. Ohio State,  Texas A&M vs. Clemson,  Nebraska vs. Colorado,  Northern Colorado vs. Washington State,  LSU vs. Texas,  Cal vs. Washington,  Stanford vs. USC,  UTEP vs. Texas Tech and Miami vs. North Carolina.  I'll post my picks Friday.

No comments: